Tuesday, February 12, 2013

It's show time

As I head (soon) to another incredibly boring Bruges Group meeting (no fewer than three Conservative MPs) I leave  you with this sequence for which I must thank Duff and Nonsense. It's from Ship Ahoy, made in 1942 with what sounds like a real lulu of a plot but with Eleanor Powell  in the main part as a singer with Tommy Dorsey's orchestra. Other stars are Red Skelton and Bert Lahr  but imagine this: Frank Sinatra and Buddy Rich, who also perform with the orchestra were NOT listed.

Anyway, here are Eleanor Powell and Buddy Rich.


 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your link and I'm glad you enjoyed the dance. You might enjoy these two as well. I've seen them before but I can't remember their names - superb athletes, never mind the dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duh! Forgot the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJPOoDq82Iw&NR=1&feature=endscreen

    ReplyDelete
  3. The one and only Nicholas Brothers. How could you have forgotten their names? Among the greatest.

    ReplyDelete