Wednesday, July 17, 2013

That prize

I ought to have written about it yesterday, as the Boss did, needless to say. He is just much better at this sort of thing and does not find the heat enervating. (Not complaining, mind you, not after the last few months, just stating a fact.)

Anyway, just about everybody knows that the IEA has announced a Brexit (loathsome word but that is the one they are using) Prize for best submissions about what this country will have to do in the two years after an assumed "out" vote in a referendum. We have to assume it or there will be no prize.

Should one enter, given the number of organizations who are likely to do so and given the dubious nature of the judges? (David Starkey? Really?) I am minded to do so, though, unlike the Boss I have no organization to back me. At least, I don't think I do. But if I don't enter, can I really complain about the nature of submissions? Of course, any advice on the subject will be treated in the spirit in which it is offered.

No comments:

Post a Comment